From March 28-31, 2014, the 2014 American Pharmacists Association (APhA) Annual Meeting will be held in our own backyard, Orlando, Florida. Registration is now open and we encourage all students, regardless of your year in pharmacy school, to attend! This is one meeting you DON’T want to miss.
What: APhA Annual Meeting
Where: Orlando, Florida
When: March 28-31, 2014
Why should you attend?
- The APhA represents all facets of the pharmacy profession. No matter where you see yourself after graduation, APhA Annual has something to offer you!
- There is an exciting student track at the meeting that will allow you to strengthen your leadership skills and take a more active role in the profession.
- Annual will provide you with a number of networking opportunities! You will spend time getting to know other pharmacy students, employers, and drug companies.
- Support JT Fannin as the national APhA-ASP Speaker of the House, and our former Dean Riffee as he becomes APhA House of Delegates Speaker.
When do I need to be there?
The meeting begins on Friday March 28th with our first event at 5:00pm. Our last event will be on Monday March 31st
How much will this all cost?
Registration is $225. The APhA Political Leadership Reception is highly recommended and costs $15. We anticipate that hotel costs will be about $55 per person per night based on 4 students per room. You would be responsible for the costs of your food and transportation.
What is the Political Leadership Reception?
The event on Friday night is a great opportunity to show your support for the pharmacy profession, network with key names in pharmacy, and enjoy food while mingling with fellow students and professionals. It is highly encouraged that you sign up for this event while registering for APhA Annual. Last year, the University of Florida was recognized at this event and it would be great to show your support!
Do I have to stay in the hotel?
Staying at the hotel is strongly encouraged as it is connected to the Convention Center and will allow us to stay as a group. However, we understand that many students either live in Orlando or have friends/family in Orlando. We plan on having two reimbursement rates, with one taking into account costs of lodging at the hotel and the other one without this additional cost.
Will there be reimbursement?
There will be partial reimbursement for students who attend the mandatory events during the annual meeting. Further details on the events will be provided at a later date.
This sounds awesome! How do I register?
- Go to https://www.badgeguys.com/reg/2014/apha/register.aspx and register online.
- Please take a screenshot of your registration and email it to: firstname.lastname@example.org, and please note whether or not you will staying at the Rosen Centre Hotel.
When must I register by?
You must submit the screenshot of your registration no later than February 28th at 11:59 PM.
Please contact Natalie Eick
, APhA2014 Annual Coordinator, at email@example.com
if you have any further questions regarding the meeting.